Friday, 22 April 2011

Banana Bread

This is my Mom's banana bread recipe and in my opinion it makes the best banana bread I've ever tasted.

I like to add chocolate chips to it as well, but since I did these as mini loafs I only added them to half the batter so we'd have some of each.

You can do mini loafs like I did or one big loaf, it's up to you!



1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cream together the shortening, sugar and eggs until well mixed.

In another bowl sift together the dry ingredients and then add them to the cream mixture alternately with the banana blending well after each addition.

If you're including them stir in the chocolate chips.

Bake in the oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If you are using a mini loaf pan check on these after about 35 minutes because they'll cook a little quicker than a larger loaf.

Enjoy!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment