Saturday, 28 May 2011

S'more Cookies

We were supposed to go up to my parents camp last weekend, so I thought s'more cookies would be the perfect dessert for sitting around a fire, but due to the crappy weather we didn't end up going. So we had to enjoy these while sitting around a TV instead! haha!

One thing I didn't do with this is add marshmallows to the cookies a couple minutes before they came out of the oven, so you can't see the marshmallows very well, so I'm going to include that little change in the recipe below.

I don't have a pro camera or anything, so I know my pictures aren't always the best.. but I'm trying to get a little more creative with my photo taking (as creative as I can be with a camera that has no bells and whistles). Maybe one day I'll have a fancy camera and can take more "artistic" photos.



Adapted from Sing for your Supper.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup semi street chocolate chips
1 cup chopped graham crackers
1 cup mini marshmallows + 1/2 cup for adding to the cookies while they're in the oven

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.

Beat the butter at medium speed for about 1 minute, until smooth. Add in the sugars and beat for another 2 minutes, until well blended. Add in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each egg.

Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions on low speed. Then add in the chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows.

Spoon the dough onto the baking sheets in rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart. Refridgerate the dough for the next batch until you're ready to use it.

Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes - after 8 minutes quickly add a few marshmallows to the top of each cookie. They may be a little bit soft in the middle, but that's okay.

Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan.

Enjoy!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment