Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Pumpkin Banana Bread

It's that time of year.... the time of year when my pantry is overflowing with pumpkin!!! Mmm mmm mmm, my favorite thing about fall is pumpkin flavored goodies and I wanted to make a pumpkin banana bread. I didn't know what the combo would be like, but I figured I'd try it!

So I just took my regular banana bread recipe, and I switched out half the mashed banana for pumpkin puree and I added a bit of pumpkin spice and voila!! Delicious, heavenly pumpkin banana bread!



This recipe makes 2 loaves.

2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup butter
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350 F.


Mix dry ingredients into one bowl and sift together.


In another bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, banana and pumpkin and combine well.



Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture over a few additions and combine well. Once everything is all mixed up nicely, you can add in the chocolate chips if you'd like to add them.



Pour into your loaf pans and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment