Monday, 3 September 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Okay... so I know I've really, really neglected my blog lately... this pregnancy has taken a lot out of me and the last thing I've felt like doing after work and on the weekends is bake or cook... I'm all about instant gratification these days when it comes to my sweets (that means buying them from Marble Slab or the bakery.. lol)

I've started maternity leave, so I'll have a little more time to myself before this little lady arrives so I'm going to try my darndest to keep up with my blog a little bit more.

I have been craving banana pancakes with chocolate chips lately, so I found a recipe online that looked good and I thought I'd whip them up this morning. They turned out delicious and I will definitely be making these again (and again.. lol). I added a little more chocolate chips than their recipe calls for because I love them extra, extra chocolatey!!

Source: Food.com


Makes about 8 large pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup mashed banana
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix together.

Add in the milk, banana, egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Heat up your pan or skillet to medium / medium-high and spray with cooking spray.

Add in your batter and smooth out a bit with back of a spoon. Cook for about 2 minutes on one side, once bubbles start to form flip it over and cook the other side for about 1 minute or until browned.

Serve up with a sprinkle of extra chocolate chips, butter and syrup.. and enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment