Monday 15 September 2014

Super Simple Pecan Pie

First post in a while - looks like a trend here! What can I say, I'm super busy these days and find it hard to get the time to sit down and put up blog posts. As always, I'll try to do better, but can't promise anything! ;) I'm at home sick on my couch at the moment, so whaddya know?! I have some spare time to post!

I took a crack at Pecan Pie this past week and it turned out great!! I will definitely be making this again! It's the perfect fall dessert!

And this recipe is SO easy!!


1 (9") pie Crust (or you can do homemade, I'm lazy so I bought one!)
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
3 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter (melted)
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 F. and place your pie crust in your pie dish. Sprinkle the pecans evenly in the bottom of the pie crust.

Beat your eggs in a small bowl and set aside. Melt butter and set aside.

Combine eggs, sugars, melted butter, and mix. Add in your corn syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract, whisk with your mixer until well combined.

Pour the mixture into your pie crust over your pecans, the pecans will rise to the top.

Pop in the oven and bake for about 45 - 50 minutes. You may need to cover the edges of your pie crust with tinfoil after about 20 minutes to prevent your crust from over-browning.

The middle of the pie should be a tad jiggly when you take it out. Let the pie set for about an hour and it will firm up.

Store uneaten pie in the fridge.

Enjoy!!! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment