Tuesday 2 December 2014

Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms


Here is another recipe that was made with the help of some American goodies!! Peppermint cream filled Hershey's Kisses! You can sub out the peppermint kisses we get here too if you want, and I saw some mint ones at Wal-Mart.


1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cups Cocoa
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp salt
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Peppermint Extract
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (for rolling)
Peppermint Hershey's Kisses (I used about a bag and a half and I think I made about 40 cookies)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt - set aside.

Pour your powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside. 

Cream together your butter and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in the eggs and extracts until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined.

Chill the dough for about an hour.

Once the dough is more firm, roll into 1" balls and roll them in the powdered sugar.  Place them onto cookies sheets lined with parchment paper.

Bake for about 12 minutes. Once baked, let them cool for a couple of minutes before pressing your kiss into the center. To keep the kiss from melting, you can pop the trays into the fridge or freezer for a few minutes too - with my really melty ones, I added another kiss on top of the melted one (I bought a lot, so I had kisses to spare!).

Enjoy!


 Recipe Source: Bake@350




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment