Saturday 26 March 2011

Chicken Parmigiana

Me and my husband both love Chicken Parmigiana... Crispy baked chicken with tomato sauce and cheese... what's not to love?! I'd like to share my recipe with you - my husband has told me numerous times that I make the best chicken parm he's ever had, so I hope you guys enjoy it just as much.


4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
a couple shakes of salt
1/2 cup mozza cheese (grated)
1/2 box of your favorite pasta (I like to use angel hair noodles)
2 to 3 cups Tomato or marinara sauce (either homemade or store bought)
2 eggs (well beaten)
Pam cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 425 F and spray a baking sheet with pam.

Begin by mixing the panko crumbs, parmesan cheese and salt into a medium sized dish.

Dip the chicken into the eggs and make sure they're well coated, and then roll them one at a time in the panko mixture until very well coated. Lay them onto the baking sheet spaced evenly.

While the chicken is in the oven make or prepare your tomato/marinara sauce. Simmer while chicken is cooking.

Bake the chicken in the oven for approximately 30 minutes (check the chicken after 25 minutes - especially if using half breasts, the thinner the meat the less time it will take to cook). When the chicken is about 5 minutes away from being done, add about a 1/4 cup of tomato sauce onto the top of each of the breasts and about a tbsp (I just eyeball this, I don't actually measure) of mozza cheese. Bake the chicken for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.

Serve the chicken over your favorite pasta and tomato/marinara sauce.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment