Wednesday 1 June 2011

Creamy Lemon Squares

We went over to our friends house for a BBQ a couple weeks ago and I volunteered to bring dessert. Because it was a beautiful summer day I wanted to do something refreshing and "fresh" and what is more refreshing than lemon (lemonade anyone?!).

I had noticed a lemon dessert recipe in my What's Cooking magazine from Kraft that I had made a mental note to try, called creamy layered squares, so I dug it out and gave it a whirl! These turned out great, I had 3 helpings after our bugers!!

It's best to refridgerate this dessert for a day so it can stiffen up before serving it.



1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbsp butter (melted)
2 pkg. brick cream cheese (softened)
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4 serving size) Jell-O lemon instant pudding
3 cups thawed low fat cool whip

Mix the graham crumbs, a 1/4 cup of the sugar and the melted butter until well blended. Press it into the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.

Beat the cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup of the milk until well blended. Spread it over the graham crust.

Beat the pudding mixes and remaining milk for 3 minutes. Pour over the cream cheese layer in the pan. Let it stand for 5 minutes or until thickened, then cover with cool whip topping.

Refridgerate for at least 4 hourse (Although I think it's better to let it sit overnight). Or alternatively you can freeze it for 1 hour before cutting it so the squares are a little "cleaner" looking and layers look more defined.

Enjoy!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment