Monday 6 June 2011

Strawberry Vanilla Trifle

I was trying to think of a nice refreshing summer dessert (for another BBQ) and I thought a nice strawberry trifle would be good, so I worked off of my recipe for the death by chocolate trifle and came up with this!!

It was nice and light and absolutely delish!!

I did a glaze for the Strawberries by using a product called "Glaze for fresh strawberries" by MPK foods, I'll put a picture of it at the bottom of the post so you can see what it looks like. I found it at Sobeys, so I imagine it's probably available at most grocery stores.


1 box of white cake mix (or your favorite homemade recipe)
2 pkgs of vanilla pudding
4 cups of milk (for pudding)
4 - 5 cups fresh strawberries (sliced) +2 whole strawberries for garnish
1 pkg fresh strawberry glaze
1 extra large tub of cool whip

Bake your cake as per the pkg directions and let cool once it's out of the oven. Take your cool whip out of the freezer and let it thaw so it's easy to spread.

While you're cake is cooling, slice your strawberries and prepare your glaze. Once the glaze is made, add your strawberries and mix well, making sure to coat all the strawberries.

Prepare your vanilla pudding as per the pkg directions and put aside for it to set.

Once the cake is cooled, crumble some of it into an extra large bowl to make your first layer. Top with a layer of vanilla pudding, glazed strawberries and cool whip. Continue layering until you've filled your bowl (make sure the top and final layer is cool whip). Add your strawberries for garnish and let it chill in the fridge for about a half hour to an hour before serving.

Enjoy!!




This is the pkg of glaze I used.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment