Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tips for Healthier Eating During the Week

Hey ya'll! As promised I am going to be doing more posts regarding healthy eating and fitness as well, so I thought I'd share some great ideas that I practice during the week.

As most of you know if you're read my bio - I follow Weight Watchers from Monday to Friday and only indulge on the weekend. For all of you who are just starting out on Weight Watchers or are still losing - I don't recommend weekend indulging. When I was in the process of losing, I followed the program all week AND weekend. It was only once I got to my goal weight and stayed there for a few months that I began induling on the weekends - and luckily I've found a healthy balance that allows me to do that. First off I exercise like a crazy person all week long (even on weekends) but if that allows me to eat what I'd like on the weekends, that's what I'll do!

I should probably get to the topic of this post now haha!

For all of you on Weight Watchers (and even those who aren't) we know that one of the wonderful things about the new Points Plus program is that fruit and veggies are free. So I tend to eat a lot more fruit than I used to so I can save my points for lunch and dinner (and an evening snack of course!).

On Sunday we usually go pick up some groceries for the week and I always load up on fruit... lots of different kinds and I tend to change it up quite regularly to sort of "trick" my body. When you eat the same things over and over again your body gets used to them and doesn't work as hard to process them. I feel like when I switch it up a lot it kinda "shocks" my body and makes it work harder to process it.

It's really important too that you are buying FRESH fruit, not canned fruit cocktails (those are not zero pts), or dried fruits, etc.

I love watermelon, pineapple, dragonfruit, starfruit, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, apple-pears, cherries and most of all in the summer I love white flesh peaches (I can't wait until those are out again!). I usually buy a couple different kinds each week and when I get home I cut them all up and put them into tupperware for the week so I can have fruit for breakfast. (I eat a couple times in the morning - just lightly, usually a yogurt and fruit).

I get lazy during the week and don't really like to cut up fruit, so I find doing it on Sunday sets me up for successful eating during the week. It makes it easy for me and I just have to grab it each morning and go!

Hope this little tip helps!!




Photobucket